Special Interest Groups.
Chairman: Prof Hazim Awbi
Secretary: Dr Zsolt Bako Biro
Events Secretary: Sahm Sawaf
Next Seminar: Designing for Better Indoor Environmental Quality Buildings
11 June, 2013 (1pm-4.30pm) - University College London
Full details of preliminary announcement here
About the Group
The intention of the CIBSE Building Simulation Group is to inform and promote best practice in using computer simulation codes for building related applications, to improve the accuracy of predicting their performance in practice with the aim of designing comfortable and healthier buildings with optimum energy efficiency.
Objectives of the group are:
- To broaden members knowledge, skills and awareness of the available computer simulation tools, evaluation methods, computer-based problem solving, etc.
- To act as a medium for providing information that meets the requirements of the interested parties in relation to computer simulation codes for building and services system design and operation.
- To work with CIBSE in developing new publications to provide guidance in the application of simulation tools, best practice and quality control.
- To seek collaboration with other groups within CIBSE, such as the Natural Ventilation Group, the Intelligent Buildings Group, etc. who can benefit from the application of building simulation tools.
- To provide speakers for CIBSE events, technical papers, seminars and training courses, and to organise a programme of events for group members and interested parties in collaboration with CIBSE regions.