Fellow Grade Information - FCIBSE
Fellowship is the most senior grade of CIBSE membership and as such you will have:
- reached a position of superior responsibility
- accountability for decisions on the design, management and financial implications of engineering projects.
- proven expertise in one or more specialist sectors
- an understanding of the broad field of building services engineering
The work of an FCIBSE is characterised by the ability to develop appropriate solutions to engineering problems, using new or existing technologies, through innovation, creativity and change. You may:
- be engaged in an operations or maintenance role
- be a leader of a research or development team
- be a practicing academic teaching to degree level
- develop and apply new technologies
- promote advanced designs and design methods
- introduce new and more efficient production techniques, marketing and construction concepts
- pioneer new engineering services and management methods.
Eligibility for FCIBSE requires you to be engaged in technical and commercial leadership and possess effective interpersonal skills. You will exhibit a personal and professional commitment to society, to your profession, and to the environment. This grade is achievable if you can demonstrate that you have the required professional experience and competence for FCIBSE.
The fact sheets below will give you all the further information you need to apply for the Fellow Grade. Just click on the titles to download them as pdf files (except for the application forms which are Word documents so they can be completed on screen).
Other Routes to Fellow Membership