CIBSE Continuing Professional Development Panel (CPD)
Purpose of Committee and frequency of meetings:
The Continuing Professional Development Panel is appointed by the Education, Training & Membership Committee and shall report to it.
The Panel shall consist of a Chair, who will report to the Education, Training & Membership Committee, and up to twelve other members. All sections of the EC Register will be represented.
- Specialists may be co-opted as determined by the Chair.
- A quorum shall be no fewer than three members.
- Members are appointed for one year and, normally, will serve for not longer than 5 consecutive years.
- Appropriate training will be provided for all Panel members.
The Panel year runs from May until April, in line with the Institution’s committee year.
The Panel will normally meet twice year with additional, virtual meetings taking place, as required, to deal with routine monitoring of members’ CPD activities.
Terms of Reference:
1. To be responsible for the monitoring of CPD activities of Licentiates, Associates, Members and Fellows, in accordance with CIBSE policy and EC requirements.
2. To co-ordinate the promotion of the benefits of CPD to the membership
3. To undertake periodic monitoring of approved CPD providers and assess applications for approved status.
Chair: Andrew Rowe – Concertus Design & Property Consultants Ltd
Steven Horn - Services Design Solution
Stephen Gill - Energy Efficient Solutions
Paul Naish - GVA ACR
Stephen Page - Atkins Ltd
John Aston - Aston Lighting & control
Andrew Piper - Parliamentary Estates Directorate