Terms and Conditions
- Candidates for the CIBSE ASHRAE Graduate of the Year Awards must have graduated in a building services related discipline within the last two years.
- Canidates for the CIBSE Apprentice of the Year Awards must have started their Apprenticeship before 1 January of the awards year and must be (pre-end-point assessment) as of 1 November of the awards year.
- Entries for the CIBSE Employer of the Year Awards will be allocated to the relevant category based on the total number of staff members employed by the company:
Small company: 1-50 staff members
Medium company: 51-300 staff members
Large company: 301+ staff members
- A subsidiary can enter the category relevant to the total number of staff members employed by the subsidiary company, but in this case the entry should only reference activities and initiatives that have been carried out by the subsidiary company.
- CIBSE accepts no liability for any inaccurate information contained within the submitted entry as it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide accurate information.
- Entrants giving false or misleading information will be excluded from the competition. If an award is given and it is subsequently found that the entry information is false or misleading, CIBSE reserve the right to withdraw the award.
- CIBSE reserves the right to use entry material submitted in published form including videos, unless requested by the entrant not to.
- By entering, candidates for the CIBSE ASHRAE Graduate of the Year agree to give a short presentation to the judging panel and an audience their entry is shortlisted.
- By entering, entrants for the CIBSE Employer of the Year agree to a representative attending the awards ceremony, where the winners in each category will be announced and presented with a certificate. If no representative is available, CIBSE reserve the right to nominate a person to collect the award on your behalf.
- The Judges’ decision on all shortlisted entries and winners is final and no discussion or correspondence will be entered in to. Please also note that due to the high volume of entries received it is not possible to provide individual feedback for entries that are not shortlisted.
- Entrants found to be resubmitting the same entry documents as a previous year will be excluded from the entry process. All entries must be completed on the individual category entry form and any entries where the details provided are the same as a previous year will be excluded from the entry process.