SoPHE Young Engineers Award
The SoPHE Young Engineers Award is given annually each November at the Society of Public Health Engineer’s dinner in London. The aim of the award is to provide a focus on the next generation of engineers within the field of public health engineering.
SoPHE Young Engineers Award 2019
Challenge: produce a promotional video celebrating the work of a public health engineer.
It could be:
- Based around a day for a public health engineer.
- How particular problems were solved.
- The fascinating PH aspects of projects.
The video should be exciting, seek to inspire the next generation of Public Health Engineers and produced in a way that celebrates problem solving based on your professional experience.
Teams of up to 3 people from any engineering background, aged 18-35 on 25th October 2019.
The entry submitted by competitors or teams of competitors should be a video between two and five minutes.
The entry should not include any corporate references, logos, company names etc.
The submission email should include the name(s) of the participant(s), their date of birth and contact details.
The finalists will be invited to the annual SoPHE dinner where the award will be announced.
Submissions must be received by 25th October 2019.
Please send your entries to: Edward Clarke/ SoPHE YEA, C/O Arup, 13 Fitzroy Street, London, W1T 4BQ
The judges will comprise of leading members from the design and construction/manufacturing industries and educational Institutions.
Presentation of the award
The award will be announced and presented at the annual SoPHE dinner in November 2019, to be held in London, UK.
Competition terms and conditions
By entering into the competition, all entrants agree to be bound by the competition terms and conditions.
- Competitors shall ensure that no confidential or copyright content is used.
- Closing date for entry is as stated.
- No entries will be accepted after the closing date.
- One entry per person/team.
- All entries shall be in English.
- Competition entries should be the candidates' own work.
- No alternative prize is available.
- Winners will be chosen by a select panel of Judges.
- The decision of SoPHE is final in all matters relating to the competition.
- Winners will be notified in writing.
- Proof of sending is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- SoPHE reserves the right to change the rules without notice.
- Further details of the prize are available from the SoPHE website.
- Any tax liability for receiving these rewards is the responsibility of the recipient.
- The copyright in the entry shall remain the candidates', but in entering the competition the candidates agree that the organizers may copy, publish, display and generally use for publicity and promotional purposes in their sole discretion any or all entries (or parts thereof).
- Any costs occurred in travel to the SoPHE Dinner will be the responsibility of the individuals.
- The judges reserve the right not to make an award if in their opinion there are no entries of requisite merit.