Construction Project Management
Who Should Attend
This course is available as Corporate Training only
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs.
Discover the options available to suit your company.
- Projects, project management and the project manager
- Defining clients’ requirements, determining what’s feasible and establishing the way in which the project will move forward
- Producing a design with coordinated cost plan and project programme
- The appointment of construction specialists
- The site-based stage of project delivery
- Initial occupation and extended aftercare
The safe delivery of projects on time, on budget and to the required build quality is the minimum standard of service that clients require. Clients also want assets that meet specific functional requirements and building systems that perform well in the long-term. The building services profession plays a crucial role in making all these things this happen.
This course will introduce a project delivery process, management tools and document templates that will help you deliver these desirable project outcomes.
- Project delivery in the modern built environment
- Projects, project management and the project management process
- A 21st century construction project delivery process – from initiation to extended aftercare
- The preparation and briefing stage of a project
- The design stage of a project
- The pre-construction stage of a project
- The construction stage of a project
- The commissioning stage of a project
- The pre-handover stage of a project
- The post-handover stage of a project
- Describe the characteristics of a project, project management and the project management process
- Understand the criteria against which the delivery of modern construction projects should be assessed
- Provide an overview of the integrated project delivery process that will help the construction industry produce better performance outcomes in the Built Environment
- Outline the purpose of each stage in the delivery of a construction project
- Understand what key activities should take place at each stage of project delivery
- Evaluate if their company’s approach to construction project management supports the delivery of better project outcomes
- Apply an improved approach to project management on their construction projects
Who Should Attend
The course is specifically aimed at building services professionals working in the design, planning, procurement, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the built environment.
These professionals could be on the client side of the industry or part of the teams that deliver projects for these clients.
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: email@example.com or Call: 020 8772 3660