Fire Detection & Alarm Systems for Buildings - BS 5839 Part 1 2013
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
CIBSE Training COVID-19 Update.
This training course will resume in 2021. Fill out the enquiry form if you would like to be contacted once dates have been released.
The recommendations of BS 5839-1, as amended in 2013, are examined in detail.
- Overview of Fire Alarm Design Codes
- Format of the British Standard
- System categories
- Variations from the Code for detection & alarm
- Field circuit design
- Design Issues
- Power Supplies
- Standby Batteries
- Call Points
- Detector Selection, Siting & Spacing
- Control and Indicating Equipment
- Audible Alarms
- Fire Warning for Deaf People
- Staged Alarms
- Communication with Fire Service
- Networked Systems
- Installation, Commissioning and Certification
- LIMITATION OF FALSE ALARMS
- Causes of False Alarms
- Benchmark False Alarms Rates
- Measures to limit False Alarms
- Final Discussion and Questions
A good working knowledge of BS 5839-1.
Who Should Attend
- Building control officers.
- Approved inspectors.
- Fire and rescue service inspecting officers.
- Fire safety consultants.
- Fire risk assessors.
- Health and safety consultants.
- M&E contractors and consultants.
- Fire alarm contractors.
Start Time: 9:30
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Standard Rate: £335 + VAT
- Members Rate: £285 + VAT
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs.
Discover the options available to suit your company.
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please