Low Voltage Distribution
Designed by a collaborative group of key building services consultancies and contractors, this CIBSE Online Learning module offers a practical, flexible and convenient alternative to face to face courses. This unit allows you to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics, finishing by testing your knowledge with interactive activity pages.
The module is designed for non-electrical Building Services engineers who now find that they have an increasing need to be able to design electrical distribution schemes, or for those with a more traditional electrical background who wish to apply their knowledge practically to the design of electrical distribution within buildings.
The module covers both the principles and practices of electrical power distribution from the optimum location for the main electrical intake position through to the choice of power distribution systems and their containment. It also introduces the use of essential and non-essential supplies and the possible choices for standby electrical supplies.
Make your way through this course at your own pace with the following:
- Low Voltage Distribution Topics
- Additional Resources
- Three Activity Pages
- CPD Certificate on completion
This course covers:
- Choosing Electricity Supplies
- Load Assessmen
- Design decision
- Distribution system
- Distribution within building
CIBSE online learning courses are suitable for those wishing to enhance and support their current knowledge base, as well as graduates within an engineering discipline.
Each unit has been peer reviewed and tested through this group. The units allow students to take a coordinated journey through an individual topic or a series of topics. The units form the backbone of several corporate training schemes.
- Power supplies
- Electricity supplies at HV & LV, maximum demand, substations and transformers
- Generators and uninterruptable supplies
- Essential and non-essential loads
- Use of generators and UPS systems
- Distribution switchgear and protection
- Cable types and selection
- How distribution circuits are determined, arranged and protected
- Fuses and circuit-breakers
- Selection and use for equipment protection
- Membership Rate: £255 + VAT)
- Standard Rate: £300 + VAT)
Corporate subscribers, please contact the training team at email@example.com