Building Services Explained (3 Days)
"A very packed syllabus that covers a lot of information... Well worth attending and very beneficial"
"Lots of great anecdotal examples to support learning"
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information and booking instructions can be found on the individual course pages. Click on a course code below to view.
4th - 6th December 2019 | London - Find out more
- Energy consumption and electrical services
- Electrical generation and renewables
- Ventilation and heat recovery
- Building heating
- Hot water and controls
- Simple and complex cooling systems
- Equipment Maintenance
- Legislation and statutory requirements
- Drainage and water services
- Building Regulations
This three day course covers building services found in commercial buildings. The course looks at heating and cooling systems, how to use them efficiently and how they fit within a building. Electrical and renewable systems are also covered allowing the delegate to understand how they can have a considerable impact on the buildings energy use.
A section on Maintenance and Legislation is incorporated to highlight the importance of regular maintenance and keeping up to date with current building legislation.
- How construction affects building services
- Understanding energy consumption within buildings
- Appreciation of electrical plant and equipment used in final distribution and circuits
- Understanding of heating and cooling systems in buildings
- Why heat recovery is important in efficient buildings
- Knowledge of complex HVAC systems
- Understand why regular maintenance is important for trouble free operation
- Importance of legislation and record keeping
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for those wanting to achieve a level awareness of how building services and electrical systems operate within commercial buildings eg:
- Facilities and Building Managers
- Building Service contractors
- Project Managers
- Mechanical & HVAC Engineers
- Energy Assessors
- Air Conditioning Inspectors
Registration and coffee will be at 09.00
Start Time: 09.30 each day
Latest Finish: 17.00 each day
- Members Rate: £1,308 (£1,090 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £1,458 (£1,215 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs. In-house training can help your organisation overcome challenges and fill the skills gaps in your workforce. Courses run on a minimum number of six staff*.
For an In-house quote please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of course
- Approximate number of staff
- Your site address
*Minimum numbers for In-house courses outside of the UK may vary
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please