Mechanical Services Explained (3 Days)
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information and booking instructions can be found on the individual course pages. Click on a course below to book.
The course serves as an introduction to common HVAC systems. Heating, cooling, ventilation and water systems are all covered including important legislation. It reviews principles and provides knowledge and awareness of how and why, many different mechanical building services systems are designed, operated and maintained.
Many people find themselves needing to deal with mechanical building services but have not necessarily received training in mechanical services. Engineering services in buildings are complex and often account for more than 40% of the capital cost of a building. Increasing demands to conserve energy and improve environmental performance mean that good design, efficient operation and reliable maintenance of services have never been more important. An understanding of the issues and their engineering background is exactly what this course intends to achieve.
- Knowledge of a wide range of different HVAC systems
- Understanding of different system types
- Awareness of how the services integrate with building performance
- Appreciation of technical terminology (jargon!)
- Legislative Requirements
Who Should Attend
The course is ideally suited to those who:
- have been given additional responsibility for mechanical engineering services
- have responsibility for estates and engineering personnel or contractors.
- are Facilities Managers with overall responsibility for buildings and their services.
- are specialist in another branch of engineering but find they now have to understand mechanical services systems (for example Electrical Engineers, part of a multi-discipline team).
Start Time: 09:30
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Standard Rate: £1315 + VAT
- Members Rate: £1115 + VAT
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs. In-house training can help your organisation overcome challenges and fill the skills gaps in your workforce. Courses run on a minimum number of six staff*.
For an In-house quote please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of course
- Approximate number of staff
- Your site address
*Minimum numbers for In-house courses outside of the UK may vary
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please