Graduate of the Year
The annual CIBSE ASHRAE Graduate of the Year Award is one of the industry’s most sought after accolades. The first prize includes a trip to the ASHRAE Winter Conference in Atlanta, to which the award winner is invited as a guest of honour and is able to take part in the meeting as well as enjoy the host city. Generous cash bursaries are also presented to two runners up by the Rumford Club and all other finalists receive £100 each courtesy of the Manly Trust.
Finalists for the CIBSE ASHRAE Graduate of the Year 2018 award were:
- Waqar Ahmed, Hurley Palmer Flatt and University of Surrey;
- Rachel Bell, Atkins and Manchester University;
- Reanna Evans, NG Bailey and Leeds Beckett University;
- Carl Fisher, Royal School of Military Engineering;
- Josh Hunt, AECOM and University of the West of England;
- Hannah Muller-Jones, Buro Happold and University of Nottingham;
- Gemma Taylor, Atkins and University of the West of England;
- Ryan Wesley, Tata Steel Europe and Loughborough University.
All shortlisted finalists were invited to give a short five minute presentation to the judging panel and an audience at the IMechE on 11 October 2018. Graduates were judged on their presentation and communication skills. The 2018 presentation topic was:
‘Recent events have raised questions about how the industry manages and monitors professional competence and upholds technical standards. What does this mean to you as an engineer and where does the engineer’s responsibility begin and end?’
2018 Judging panel
Graduate of the Year 2017 – Raphael Amajuoyi of Hurley Palmer Flatt and Loughborough University.
CIBSE President – Stephen Lisk FCIBSE FSLL
ASHRAE President – Sheila Hayter
IMechE President – Geoff Baker
Rumford Club chairman – Geoff Prudence
Chairman of Judges – Tim Dwyer
If you have any questions about the 2019 Award, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.