2020 has shown us that resilience is not just a long term planning consideration.
The CIBSE Seminar Series this year will examine future trends in healthy building design and operation to design out the negative environmental impact of buildings and protect against the likelihood of extreme climate fluctuations whilst providing flexible working spaces for the future.
Some of the questions we will be exploring:
What does potentially highly dynamic occupancy mean for performance in our commercial spaces?
What does the latest research into health and wellbeing tell us to improve defence against pandemic-type events?
What are the implications on changing insurance and liability implications for building owners?
How can our modelling tools bs used to inform the impact of future climate conditions, impacts to ventilation requirements and bushfire & storm events?
The 2021 seminar series, comprising of five lunchtime sessions over five weeks, will explore these questions and round out with leading-edge University and Hospital case studies demonstrating best practice design that utilise Passive House and envelope performance solutions.
Top ten things delegates will come away with:
- Insights into the short and long-term trends towards resilience in building management, design, and operations.
- Key building health interventions that are being driven in a post COVID world, and examples of how organisations in Australia and internationally are working through these trends.
- Quantifying the return on investment for healthy buildings
- An understanding of insurance implications for property owners and designers associated with failure to address an asset's risks related to climate change.
- Findings from a program of research out of the University of Melbourne that surveyed productive and healthy environments in Australian workplaces and how this can inform design and performance.
- How to apply the findings of aerosol movement and propagation in buildings to improve building services designs.
- The use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), to understand the benefits of a holistic and bespoke approach to services planning in Healthcare Facilities.
- How to bring hospital grade management and preparedness to hotels and office building design and operation.
- Lessons learnt in designing and constructing the largest Passive House Certified building in the Southern Hemisphere - Monash University’s Woodside Building
- How to deliver a net-zero carbon, all-electric buildings on a conventional construction budget.
Who this seminar series is for:
- Building and Operations Managers
- Building Monitoring and Modelling Engineers
- Building Services Engineers
- Commercial Property Owners
- Consulting Engineers
- Commercial Tenants
- Energy and Sustainability Managers
- Facilities Managers
- Government Employees
- Installation and Maintenance Contractors
- Property Managers
- Project Managers
- Those interested in how we can design and operate healthy and resilience buildings for now and into the future.
Register now for an early booking saving of $50 off the ticket price before 17 August 2021.
CIBSE is not-for-profit and dedicated, year-on-year to bringing knowledge and best practice opportunities to the industry to support the art, science and practice of building services engineering.
Click here to read what impressed 2020 delegates