Apprentice of the Year
CIBSE recognises the valuable skills gained from apprenticeships – practical and relevant work experience. We are looking for apprentices who are rising stars with a burning desire to succeed in the building services sector.
Candidates for the CIBSE Apprentice of the Year must have started their Apprenticeship before 1 January 2022 and must be ‘(pre-end-point assessment)’ as of 1 November 2022. The categories are open internationally and are free to enter.
Entry deadline: 29 July 2022
Download your 'Prepare your entry form' to familiarise yourself with the award entry requirements before entering.
Submit your entry
The award is split into two categories and you will be entered into the category appropriate to the level of Apprenticeship you are undertaking.
- Apprentice of the Year - Technician (Level 3-4) - free to enter and open to all Apprentices registered to Standards/Frameworks at levels 3 and 4 in building services engineering and related occupations.
- Apprentice of the Year - Degree (Level 5-7) - free to enter and open to all Apprentices registered to Standards/Frameworks at levels 5 through 7 in building services engineering and related occupations.
You will need someone from your organisation to partner with you, acting as Nominee for your entry. Alongside you they will answer questions on the entry form. The Nominee could be a sponsor, a manager, or someone senior in your organisation, college or university.
Apprentice of the Year 2022 prizes
Prizes will be awarded for two categories:
£500 cash prize
£300 cash prize
£200 cash prize
What happens after I submit my entry:
- The judges will use your entry form and video to evaluate your entry and create a shortlist.
- The shortlist will be announced at the beginning of September.
- The Awards ceremony is on Tuesday 11 October 2022 at Royal Institute of British Architects, London, so please make sure you are free to attend on that day.
If you have any questions about the Awards or nedd assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.