Closing Date Applications
The next closing date deadline is 1 February 2021.
If you’re planning to apply for any level of CIBSE membership you can now do so online with our easy to follow application process. Online application forms can be found on the respective membership grade page (see www.cibse.org/findyourgrade).
Once you have clicked on the application form link, you will be prompted to sign in or register for a MyCIBSE user account before proceeding to our online application form.
Please have your supporting documents ready to upload. The application and interview fees will be payable at the final stage of the online application.
There is no requirement to email CIBSE a copy of your application.
Note: If you have already submitted your application by email to email@example.com, you are not required to re-submit your application online. Please do not submit your application more than once.
There are two closing date deadlines a year, they fall on the 1st February and the 1st August (unless stated otherwise).
Who should be submitting at this time?
Only UK applicants applying for Associate (ACIBSE), Member (MCIBSE), new Fellows (FCIBSE) or Engineering Council Registration Only (IEng or CEng) should submit their application by one of the above deadlines.
All overseas and other UK applicants can apply at any time throughout the year.
What should be included in your application?
Please select the appropriate application guidance below, depending on which grade you are applying for:
What to submit and how?
The online application form for member grades will require you to upload the following (in separate files):
You only need to submit the application form along with your uploaded documents. Once this has been completed you will receieve an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application and advising the next steps.
- A copy of your ID. Acceptable forms of ID are a passport, driving licence or national ID card
- A copy of your CV/work experience listing in chronological order
- Your Engineering Practice Report (EPR) referring to all 17 competence criteria (23 competence for MCIBSE IEng) and no shorter or longer than 4000-5000 words
- An Organisation Chart clearly indicating your position within your current organisation
- A Development Action Plan (DAP) identifying your short, medium and long term goals
- Demonstration of Competencies statement - completed by your Sponsor
- Debit or credit card – the application fee and interview fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application. The application fee will be waived for current CIBSE members, please ensure your current membership subscription fee has been paid. Please see www.cibse.org/fees for our current application, interview, subscription and EC registration fees
Please do not post a hard copy or email copies of your completed application to CIBSE.
Sample reports and interview guidance for all corporate grades can be found on our Help for Applicants pages.
We also have webinars, application writing workshops and other support events which can be found on our Membership Briefing pages
What fees should be included?
When applying using our online appliation form, the application and interview fees will be paid for at the final stage of the online application process. Once your transaction has been completed, you will receive your receipt and an acknowledgement email advising you of the next steps.
CIBSE membership subscription fees and Engineering Council registration entry fees will be payable upon approval of your application. You will receive a proforma invoice for the relevant fees to be paid by email, once payment has been made, your new membership grade will become active. Our current fees can be found at www.cibse.org/fees.
If you are an applicant transferring from another grade of membership you are exempt the application fee for that grade. To view all fees associated with applying please see our Closing Date Prices.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)208 772 3650.
Please note that the subscription fees will only be taken once your application have been approved.
What happens next?
Once we have received your application we will begin the following process:
(click table to enlarge)
We look forward to receiving your application shortly!