ILEVE has been established to promote air quality in the workplace and to reduce ill health and death due to airborne contamination and hazardous substances in the working environment.
Judith Hackett, Chair of the HSE - May 2011
The formation of ILEVE is the first step to achieving the goal of improved competence for the LEV industry.
The Institute exists to recognise competence in the practical application of local exhaust ventilation and to raise awareness of the importance of good air quality and ventilation in workplaces. ILEVE is supported by the Health and Safety Executive.
The Mission is to provide safely controlled working environments, free from harmful airborne contaminants by:
- Providing its members and the public with first class information
- Providing a career path for Engineers in Local Exhaust Ventilation to full professional Registration.
- Maintaining and Enhancing professional excellence throughout by developing and accrediting courses of study
- Providing a membership designation FILEVE, MILEVE, AILEVE etc. as a credential giving others evidence of demonstrated knowledge and skills
- Setting the criteria for best practice in the profession
- Speaking for and representing the profession
The Institute of Local Exhaust Ventilation Engineers (ILEVE) is being developed under the umbrella of CIBSE (The Chartered Institution of Building Service Engineers) and aims to provide a higher profile and focus for Local Exhaust Ventilation Engineers.
Enquiries regarding Membership, Payments & administration etc. should be addressed to: