Information & Events
Equipment legally subject to Written Schemes, Statutory Inspections or Thorough Examinations
Event Presentations 2019
Presentation LEV Event February 2019 - joint ‘BOHS/ILEVE LEV – Extracting the Best Practices’ event.
Presentation London,South and South East Regional Meeting-2019
Presentation East Midlands and Yorkshire Regional Meeting 6 February 2019-REACH
ILEVE AGM - Technical Day 27 June 2018 - Presentation Slides
This AGM Technical day was again held in Buxton at the HSE Laboratory (formerly HSL) by HSE laboratory experts.The meeting included presentations by John Saunders and Andrew Thorpe HSE experts and Deputy Director at CLEAPSS Matt Endean.
The following PDF downloads provide the full presentation slides:
John Saunders - HSL Laboratories - Recirculating LEV Systems
Andrew Thorpe - HSL Laboratories - Direct Reading Aerosol Monitors
Matt Endean - CLEAPSS - Laboratory Design & LEV in Schools
ILEVE Technical day, with a focus on DSEAR - 26 June 2017
This ILEVE Technical day covered a wide range of topics for those interested in Local exhaust Ventilation. The day was delivered at the HSE Laboratory (formerly HSL) in Buxton by HSE laboratory experts. This was a rare opportunity to see the HSE Laboratory LEV facilities and witness live explosion testing.
2016 ILEVE AGM - 17 May 2016 - Presentation Slides
Again this year, the venue for the 2016 ILEVE AGM was the Hilton East Midlands Hotel. The same format as 2015 was adopted, with the formal AGM business concluded during the morning session and several informative and interesting presentations completed the day.
The incoming Chair, Jane Bastow, presented 'The Future of ILEVE - Objectives & Plans' and other presentations included 'LEV Testing Kits' by Kimo, our sponsor for the day, and from Melvyn Sargent on 'Fume Cupboards'.
Future of ILEVE - Jane Bastow
Fume Cupboards - Melvyn Sargent
ILEVE Competency Matrix
The Competency Matrix identifies the key skills, knowledge and expertise needed by all those involved in exhaust ventilation at work, including owners, installers, operators, maintainers, suppliers, manufacturers, inspectors, commissioners and sales people. It sets out what is needed in each of these roles to be competent.
The Competency Matrix can be downloaded by anyone who wants to understand what they need to know about local exhaust ventilation, and where they can go for appropriate training and guidance.
2015 ILEVE AGM - 2 June 2015 - Presentation Slides
The 2015 AGM was held at the Hilton East Midlands Airport Hotel. In addition to the formal AGM business, the second part of the day saw a number of interesting presentations including a session on LEV examinations by Robert Williams of HSE, the ILEVE Competency Matrix and a presentation from John Cairns, the Chairman of Safety Groups UK, a partner organisiation sponsered by ILEVE.
Keep checking the 'Events' tile on the ILEVE homepage for similar information days.
ILEVE - 5 Year Review - Wally Gilder
ILEVE - Competency Matrix Presentation
Jane Bastow ILEVE /James Wheeler HSE
LEV Exammination - Beyond The Basics - Robert Willimas HSE
Raising Awareness of Dangers At Work - Breathing
John Cairns - Safety Groups UK
Proposeed EU Flour Exposure Limit Change - John Lyons
ILEVE Information Day - 23 September 2014 - Presentation Slides
The day was held at The Royal Society and the keynote speaker was Stephen McPartland MP, the Chair of the APPG on Respiratory Health. The subject of Stephen's talk was 'Reducing Incidents of Respiratory Disease'. Stephen was joined on the day by a number of eminent guest speakers representing ILEVE, CIBSE, the medical profession and health and safety groups.
The following PDF download provides the full presentation slides from the information day: Royal-Society-Info-Day-2014
- Wally Gilder MILEVE - Chairman ILEVE: ILEVE Now and Beyond
- Dr Christopher Barber - Deputy Chief Medical Officer HSL: The Consequences of Getting it Wrong
- John McAlinden - HSE: HSE's overview of wood dust control in the woodworking industry
- John Cairns - Chairman Safety Groups UK: Occupation Health Risk Management and Benefits Realisation Practical Approaches
- Jon Gibson - MD Didac National Training Centre & Dominic Peacock - HSL: Better use of LEV to reduce worker exposure to wood dust
- John Saunders - Principle Scientist HSL: Why LEV Sucks
- Dr Hywel Davies - Technical Director CIBSE: LEV Engineering in Healthcare
Information Day - 16 October 2012 - Presentation Slides
The following downloads are presentation slides from the ILEVE information day held on 16 October 2012
- TExT - Thorough Examination & Test of LEV - Local Exhaust Ventilation Systems: A presentation by Jane Bastow - ILEVE Download PDF
- Fee for Intervention: An Overview by Gill Spurrier - HSE Download PDF
- Fee for Intervention: The Alternative View by Richard Hulmes - SAFed Download PDF
- Improving the Effectiveness of LEV: A HSL perspective by John Saunders - HSL Download PDF