Session 4 Paper 3, CIBSE Technical Symposium, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool
11-12 April 2013
Overwhelming evidence indicates there is a gap between design intents & actual energy performance of new buildings.
- CarbonBuzz: A RIBA/CIBSE collaborative research platform designed to engage stakeholders in narrowing energy performance gap.
- Necessity to measure energy performance gap and develop frameworks & tools to reduce the extent of it.
- Post-Occupancy Evaluation could help measure energy performance gap and identify the root causes
- A number of root causes for energy performance gap are related to building procurement.
- A case study approach was adopted to measure the performance gap and identify the underlying procurement issues that, among other factors, contribute to the increase in regulated energy end-uses