Good examples of completed technical reports contain:
- Written explanation
Together these can evidence your understanding of fundamental engineering principles.
The report reviewers are looking for some or all of the following:
- Mathematical aspects and calculations
- use of appropriate software to solve problems
- application of new and innovative technologies relevant to the project
- analysis and modelling
- evaluation and exploration of sustainable technologies in providing building services
- establish the solution's fitness for purpose with reliable and quantitative methods.
- identifying and solving practical problems
- scientific knowledge of the properties of materials and components and of physical processes
- selection and use of relevant materials equipment, tools processes or products
- apply information from technical knowledge resources
- applying engineering practices
- analysing the economic, social and environmental contexts.
The report should be written in English and structured with an introduction, aim, discussion and an evaluation.