Members of the Society can use the designatory letters MSLL.
Applicants must submit a completed application form including all certificates, proposers and payment details (where relevant).
Member (MSLL) application form
Please return your completed application form and any supporting documents to email@example.com
Applicants must meet one of the following sets of education, training and experience criteria, or their equivalent:
Education + 5 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
- Hold a 1st degree, Master’s degree or doctorate degree in lighting (courses to be assessed individually for doctorate and overseas qualifications – please provide evidence)
- Has achieved a pass in 3 LIA Advanced Certificate modules
- Has achieved a pass in the LET Diploma
- Has passed 3 BTEC National Certificate Lighting units (level H – 4 or 5) or equivalent examinations
Membership of other organizations + 5 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
- Has obtained CEng
- Is a registered architect
Critical Report + 5 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
Education + 7 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
- Has undertaken an approved course based on the CIBSE Core syllabus in lighting
- Has achieved a pass in 2 LIA Advanced Certificate modules
Professional Review + 10 year period of relevant experience in light and lighting
NOTE: The period of relevant experience in light and lighting may be aggregated over a period, eg five years @ 50% plus three years @ 67% plus half a year @ 100% aggregates to five years full time – please show percentage of lighting work on application form where relevant.
Member application form
Application for existing members to upgrade to Member