2021 Call for Papers
The eleventh annual CIBSE Technical Symposium continues to encourage the participation of both young and experienced industry practitioners, researchers and building users to share experiences and develop networks. There are several ways in which you can make a contribution - view full details.
2021 theme: Engineering the built environment for a new 'normal'
Delivering safe healthy and versatile buildings
Event date: 15-16 April 2021
Submit an abstract for consideration
Use the form below to submit an abstract for your proposed paper, review, case study or poster presentation, in 250 words. This will require:
- The intended title of the submission
- Authors’/author’s names/name and affiliation
- Email address of principal author(s)
- Type of contribution - find out more
Please submit your abstract by 26 October 2020.
As a commissioned author you will benefit from:
- Your paper or case study being peer reviewed.
- Your paper or case study published on the CIBSE Knowledge Portal visited by over 42,000 visitors a month.
- The chance to present, share ideas and network with over 300 key decision makers, practitioners, academics, manufacturers and end-users involved in the built environment.
- The opportunity to be chosen by the Technical Symposium Committee for publication in the Building Services Engineering Research and Technology Journal (BSERT).
- The prospect of being featured in the CIBSE Journal which is distributed to over 19,000 subscribers from the building services engineering profession.
- Valuable publicity to over 21,000 CIBSE members.
26 October 2020 – Submit 250 (max) word abstract through online form
November 2020 - Selected authors will be advised
Early January 2021 - Draft manuscripts of full paper, poster or case study due
Late January 2021 - Authors receive reviewers’ comments
February 2021 - Deadline for completed and finalised submission
15-16 April 2021 - CIBSE Technical Symposium 2021