Understanding Smoke Control
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
15th October 2019 | London - Find out more
- Smoke Control by Ventilation
- Smoke Control by Pressurisation
- Smoke Control in Basements
- Designing for Smoke Control
Maintaining smoke control systems is a legal requirement under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. It is important to understand how smoke control performance criteria is determined.
This one-day course will allow you to understand the basic principles of smoke; guiding you through how fires develop and the production of smoke.
It also provides clear guidance on the differences between the types of smoke control systems and where each is used.
- An understanding of the different types of Smoke Control options
- Knowledge of the different types of Fires
- An understanding of designing smoke control for a variety of buildings
- An understanding of designing smoke control for a variety of occupants
Who Should Attend
The project is aimed at young fire engineers who want to improve their knowledge of smoke control, including: building control officers and fire safety officers.
Architects, mechanical systems engineers and project managers will also get a good technical insight into these systems from a fire engineering perspective.
Registration will be at 09.30
Start Time: 10.00
Latest Finish: 17.00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the UK and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please