Power System Harmonics
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
Modern complex electrical loads like electronic motor control, rectifier plant, Information Technology Equipment etc, produce considerable harmonics with probable consequential system damage. This course details the causes, effects and mitigation.
- Harmonic Fundamentals:
- Single & three phase harmonic fundamentals, current & voltage distortion
- Power factor, four-wire systems, harmonic calculations
- Harmonic Sources:
- AC/DC & AC/AC Convertors, including switched mode power supplies, Non-linear equipment, etc.
- Harmonic Effects:
- Instant & continuous distortions, flicker, machine vibration & noise.
- Harmonic Mitigation:
- Power System design, Power transformer design & Compensation Devices, Factor K and K-Factor transformers
Overall appreciation of harmonic problems, design mitigation and harmonic calculations.
Who Should Attend
The above course is suitable for Building Services Engineers, Consultants, Engineers, Developers, Architects, Building Energy Managers, and Facility Maintenance Managers.
Start Time: 09:30
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Standard Rate: £335 + VAT
- Members Rate: £285 + VAT
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs. In-house training can help your organisation overcome challenges and fill the skills gaps in your workforce. Courses run on a minimum number of six staff*.
For an In-house quote please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of course
- Approximate number of staff
- Your site address
*Minimum numbers for in-house courses outside of the UK may vary
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please