Standby Diesel Generator
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
2020 schedule will be relased soon, please contact the Training Team to be put on the course demand list.
This course covers the design techniques for the selection and sizing of standby diesel generators for low voltage distribution systems within a Building Services Environment.
It also covers the following areas:
- Fault level analysis, selection of alternators / governors, selection of circuit breakers
- Understanding decrement curves and capability curves and the impact of leading power factors and harmonics
- Practical approach to generator fault level analysis and use of decrement curves
- Understanding fault level classifications and withstand capability of circuit breakers
- Impact of leading power factor on generators and understanding capability curves
- Sizing of standby diesel generators and what to consider
- Capability of alternators / governors
- Generator earthing and calculations
Ability to size and select standby diesel generators and understand their effect on the electrical distribution system.
Who Should Attend
The course is primarily aimed at consultants, engineers, developers, architects, building energy managers, building services Engineers and Facility Maintenance Managers.
Registration is open from 09.30
Start Time: 10:00
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs. In-house training can help your organisation overcome challenges and fill the skills gaps in your workforce. Courses run on a minimum number of six staff*.
For an In-house quote please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of course
- Approximate number of staff
- Your site address
*Minimum numbers for in-house courses outside of the UK may vary
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please