25 Ways to Save Energy in Your Building
Who Should Attend
This course is available as Corporate Training only
- Best practice choices related to energy use / application
- Drivers for energy waste minimization
- Basic audit / energy review
- Gathering information to identify waste
- Evaluate existing Energy Management practices
- Tools available to assist in assessing your organization
- Simple Benchmarking
- Key issues and solutions
This course introduces the delegate to the whole subject of energy efficiency and management. It covers the basic principles, the relevant legislation, the standard approaches and the 12 step plan for successful control of use of the utilities. It is designed for those new to the subject and those who feel that there is so much change that they need to find an effective way of getting up to date.
The course also majors on simple solutions that can be applied in the home and workplace under the headings of 'good housekeeping'/ no cost solutions, low cost solutions, and opportunities for future investment. A major component of understanding is the 'jargon buster' where delegates will be assisted in their understanding of all of the terminology and acronyms employed in the energy industry.
- Why energy efficiency
- Energy related Legislation
- Energy industry Jargon
- Metering and Monitoring
- Principles of Energy Management
- Compressed air
- Domestic Hot water
- Learning from the home
- Fuels and resources
- How much do we use
- How much can we save
- No cost solutions
- Low cost solutions
- Future opportunities
- Using colleagues as a resources
- Develop an Energy Efficiency campaign
- Motivate the workforce to contribute
- Understand energy jargon
- Appreciate all of the major influences on levels of consumption
- Create a management plan
- Create an Energy Policy
- Start to reduce overall energy consumption, costs and carbon footprint
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for energy managers and consultants, facility and building managers, those with overall responsibility for cost, energy or carbon reduction programmes and is also an ideal foundation for those who wish to train as Low Carbon Consultants.
Purchase training for five or more employees and you can benefit from having this training package crafted to your specific requirements.
To get a quote, simply complete the corporate quote form and a member of the Training Team will be in touch.
Face-to-face corporate training
From 2022 you will have the option to request face-to-face training when you are purchasing training for six or more employees.
- Choosing from the full list of CIBSE Training courses
- Tailored training to fit your company’s requirements
- Time and date flexibility
Find out more
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please