Fire Safety in Purpose Built Blocks of Flats
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
- Introduction and background to the development and scope of the new guide
- Fires in flats: the experience and the risk
- Fire safety design principles
- Fire safety law
- Fire Risk Assessment for blocks of flats
- Prevention of fires
- Fire protection measures
- Managing fire risk
This comprehensive one day fire safety training course, to accompany the published Fire Safety in Blocks of Flats Guide, covers fire risk assessment, fire safety design principles, relevant legislation, Fire Safety Orders, fire protection measures, alarm systems and on-going management control within the challenging environment of ensuring fire safety within large residential blocks.
This course is ideal for all those involved in the management, assessment and enforcement of fire safety in purpose built blocks of flats, and gives delegates and opportunity to receive training and guidance direct from the author of this guide.
- Enhance their knowledge of the laws governing fire safety in blocks of flats
- Increase their understanding of the fire safety design principles associated with blocks of flats
- Have the opportunity to explore the “stay put” policy and when it is appropriate
- Obtain insight into why fire risk and fire safety in blocks of flats differs from other buildings
Who Should Attend
This event is suitable for all those involved in the management, assessment and enforcement of fire safety in purpose built blocks of flats. It will be particularly relevant to private and social landlords, other housing providers, risk assessors and enforcement authorities.
- Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)
- Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs. In-house training can help your organisation overcome challenges and fill the skills gaps in your workforce. Courses run on a minimum number of six staff*.
For an In-house quote please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of course
- Approximate number of staff
- Your site address
*Minimum numbers for In-house courses outside of the UK may vary
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please