Introduction to Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
Following the recent developments regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) here in the UK, the decision has been made to cancel all classroom training until further notice. The training team are working hard to find a safe solution, by running the training online; please make sure you are opted in and check our website to receive all updates regarding training.
An introduction to the technical, environmental and economical aspects of CHP complete with case studies. Designed primarily for professionals with limited or no previous experience in the subject. The course is designed to be as interactive as possible allowing students to participate fully throughout the discussion and questioning.
- General Introduction
- What is CHP
- Conventional systems versus CHP
- Various types of plant and equipment
- Residential, commercial and Industrial systems discussed
- Energy Supply Strategies
- Understanding the electricity supply and distribution systems
- Environmental impacts of convention supply versus CHP
- Overview of the benefits of CHP
- Design parameters
- Undertaking a feasibility study
- Plant selection process and options
- Installation requirements of connecting a CHP plant in both new and existing buildings
- Regularity issues
- Investment Appraisal
- Generic Costs of CHP both capital and operational
- Review of the previous sessions
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who have no or limited knowledge of CHP and would like to have a reasonable understanding of the subject. This course is aimed at a beginner level, but is also suitable for experienced professionals who may have recently become responsible for CHP systems.
Start Time: 09:30
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Standard Rate: £335 + VAT
- Members Rate: £285 + VAT
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs.
Discover the options available to suit your company.
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please