Fire Risk Management System Requirements – BS 9997: 2019
Who Should Attend
A full overview and agenda, need to know information, and booking instructions can be found on the individual upcoming course pages. Click on a course below to view.
Following the recent developments regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) here in the UK, the decision has been made to cancel all classroom training until further notice. The training team are working hard to find a safe solution, by running the training online; please make sure you are opted in and check our website to receive all updates regarding training.
- Fire safety legislation
- Governance of organisational fire hazard and risk
- Organisational policy and objectives
- Scope and content of a fire risk management strategy
- Auditing fire risk management systems
PAS 7 can be adopted by any organization wanting to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks to life (of employees, customers and the general public), property, assets and the environment that are associated with fire in the working environment. PAS 7 presents requirements for an organizational fire risk management system (FRMS). The system can be applied in organizations that operate on multiple sites, separate management divisions within an organization, or individual premises within a single entity.
- Understand legislative requirements for effective planning, organisation, control, monitoring and review of preventative and protective measures.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the core components of a fire risk management system
- Discover the scope and content of a fire risk management strategy
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of auditing management systems
- Apply existing knowledge of organisational context to fire risk management principles
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for delegates with a basic understanding of the principles of fire safety.
It is suitable as an introduction to fire risk management systems, and provides an insight as to what a formalised fire risk management system consists of and the basic principles of auditing.
- Housing Managers
- Estates Surveyors
- Facilities Managers
- Building Owners
- Fire Safety Managers
- Health and Safety Managers
Start Time: 9:30
Latest Finish: 17:00
- Standard Rate: £335 + VAT
- Members Rate: £285 + VAT
Training multiple staff at once provides the opportunity for your organisation to have a training package crafted to your specific needs.
Discover the options available to suit your company.
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please