Introduction and overview of design & application of 11kV electrical systems including switchgear, transformers, distribution systems, protection & discrimination, legislation, health & safety issues.
- Session 1 Systems Reasons to choose 11kV, typical applications, site examples and circuit arrangements. Radial and Ring systems.
- Session 2 Equipment Types, examples, operation and applications of cables, circuit breakers, transformers, etc.
- Session 3 Design Protection, discrimination, grading margins, unit protection. Application and use of time current curves.
- Session 4 Management Health and safety, permit to work schemes, Roles and Responsibilities
The delegate will gain an understanding of the use and application of 11kV in the UK supply network as well as the reasoning behind choices and design options.As well as be able to differentiate between different 11kV applications and apply the theory learnt to real world scenarios.
Who Should Attend
This course is of interest to persons within the industry who require a base level knowledge of the subject at introduction level.
Some technical knowledge is highly desirable as is a basic understanding of common electrical principles.
The course would suit electrical engineers, unfamiliar with HV, mechanical engineers, facilities managers and clients who have 11kV systems installed
Registration is open from 09.00 Start Time: 09:30
Latest finish: 17:00
Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to email@example.com (*invoice / card)
Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3637 (*invoice / card)
Online: Click the 'Book Now' button at the top right hand side (*card ONLY)
*Payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions
- All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CIBSE have the right to cancel or amend training courses. Please contact the training team before making any travel or accommodation arrangements - particularly if you are travelling from outside the UK mainland, as CIBSE will not be liable for any cost incurred by this.
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the Uk and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: email@example.com or Call: 020 8772 3637
A1554 CIBSE Member Rate ex VAT £280.00
A1554 Standard Rate ex VAT £310.00