- Concentrating on achieving the deliverable rather than explaining control theory
- What are we trying to achieve?
- How do we control different systems - How do we make them do what we want?
- What equipment is used and how does it work?
Session 1: Heating & Hot Water Systems
- Boilers. Single v Modular. Step control. Primary circuit control.
- Constant temperature and compensated temperature control.
- Pressureless headers, TRVs 2 & 3 way valves (on/off, mixing v diverting).
- Provision of thermostatic control. Building Regulations requirements.
- Time, temp and interlock with boiler pump. Desirable temperatures.
- Pumped secondary, monitoring of stored water temperatures to minimise risk of legionella.
Session 2: Mechanical Ventilation & Air ConSystems
- How different systems work
- dew point stat
- reset for minimum zone requirement
- local reheat VAV fan speed control
- Ch W controls.
- Return temperature sensing.
- Compressor, Condenser and Evaporator controls.
- Compressor capacity controls.
- Heat pumps - reverse cycle
Session 3: Cooling & Refrigeration Systems
- Chilled water control for different systems.
- Dew point control. Chiller temperature and capacity control.
- Heat recovery. Control of different compressors.
- Air and water-cooled condensors. Storage systems. Thermosyphons.
Session 4: Sensors and BEMS
- A review of the control hardware used.
- Appropriate control: Review of Building and Energy Management Systems - their advantages and disadvantages
- Understanding the principles of control operation
- Practical insight to control components that are used
- Understanding how different systems are required to work to meet performance requirements
- Selection of control valves
- Developing a critical approach to control system specification, especially BEMS.
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for all engineers involved in the design, operation and maintenance of HVAC systems.
Registration is open from 09.00 Start Time: 09:30
Latest finish: 17:00
Members Rate: £336 (£280 ex VAT)Standard Rate: £372 (£310 ex VAT)
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to firstname.lastname@example.org (*invoice / card)
Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3637 (*invoice / card)
Online: Click the 'Book Now' button at the top right hand side (*card ONLY)
*Payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions
- All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: email@example.com
- CIBSE have the right to cancel or amend training courses. Please contact the training team before making any travel or accommodation arrangements - particularly if you are travelling from outside the UK mainland, as CIBSE will not be liable for any cost incurred by this.
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the Uk and Europe. For an In-house quote please email;
Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 020 8772 3637
A1541 CIBSE Member Rate ex VAT £280.00
A1541 Standard Rate ex VAT £310.00