- How a sprinkler system works
- Hazard classification and areas of protection
- Water supplies
- Installation types
- Sprinkler spacing and components
- Pipe-sizing by tables and simple hydraulic calculations
This course covers sprinkler system components; hazard classification; design requirements; water supplies; types of sprinkler; spacing & location of sprinkler heads; piping layout & sizing.
Introduction to BS EN 12845
- The sprinkler head - developments
- Types of sprinkler; wet dry and alternate valves
- Pipes and supports
- Alarms, insurance involvement
- BS EN 12845
- Hazard class identification
- Life support
- Basic design criteria for Light
- Ordinary and High Hazard
- Sprinkler spacing
- Spacing of sprinklers in relation to boundaries, roofs, ceilings, beams, columns and other services
- Piping layouts for Ordinary Hazard; design 'points'; pipe sizing; hydraulic calculation
- Water supplies
Delegates will gain a better understanding on fire sprinkler systems.
Who Should Attend
Aimed at sprinkler designers and engineers wishing to sit the LPCB design competency review examinations. Also ssuitable for architects, building control officers, fire brigade personnel, insurance surveyors, building services consultants and anyone who may need to specify a sprinkler system.
Registration is open from 09.30 Start Time: 10:00Latest finish: 17:00
Members *early booking: £300 (£250 ex VAT)Members standard rate: £318 (£265 ex VAT)Non members *early booking: £324 (£270 ex VAT)Non members standard rate: £342 (£285 ex VAT)*early booking is applicable if booked upto 2 weeks before course date
Ways to Book:
Email: Download Booking Form & email to email@example.com (*invoice / card)Phone: Call the team on 020 8772 3637 (*invoice / card)Online: Click the 'Book Now' button at the top right hand side (*card ONLY)*Payment by invoice is only available to organisations.
Terms and Conditions
- All delegate alterations / cancellations must be received in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CIBSE have the right to cancel or amend training courses. Please contact the training team before making any travel or accommodation arrangements - particularly if you are travelling from outside the UK mainland, as CIBSE will not be liable for any cost incurred by this.
Read full Terms and Conditions
In-house training at your site
Training multiple staff at once is the most cost effective way to develop staff for organisations. All our courses can be delivered at your site (min 6 staff) at discounted rates. These In-House courses are only available in the Uk and Europe. For an In-house quote please email; Name of course, approximate number of staff and your site address to email@example.com
To contact the CIBSE Training Team with a query please
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 020 8772 3637
A1778 Member Rate ex. VAT £280.00
A1778 Standard Rate ex. VAT £310.00