CIBSE South Wales
BS 7671 18th Edition
Monday 3rd September 2018
Richard Giddings, IEng MIET, ACIBSE Technical Manager, ECA
Richard has a wealth of experience in both the design and installation fields of the industry, having worked in client-side consultancy and contracting roles across all three sectors of the domestic, commercial and industrial electrical engineering industries.
He has over 35 years work experience in all manner of projects, ranging from dwellings, schools, higher education, retail, leisure, and commerce as well as heavy industry.
Richard was also heavily involved with all five JPEL/64 committees responsible for production of BS7671 and is credited within it as representing the ECA and its members.
Timings & Agenda
17:30 - Start, buffet will be provided.
18:00 - Presentation start, including Q&A.
19:00 - Finish.
The presentation will summarise the amendments associated with BS 7671 18th edition released on the 1st July 2018 and due to come in force on the 1st January 2019. The event will be open to both CIBSE and ECA members, colleagues and anyone involved in building services engineering within the Region, and will cover the main amendments including:-
· Protection against overvoltages – Requirements for SPDs has been completely re-written
· Protection against fire – Completely new information on arc fault detection and cable supports
· Electrical embedded heating - Section 753 has been extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating, de-icing and frost prevention systems.
· Energy efficiency - There is a brand new guidance annex covering energy efficiency
· Electric vehicle charging – more onerous requirements now introduced
• Summary and close
CIBSE South Wales: BS 7671 18th Edition £0.00