The Society of Light and Lighting (SLL) South West Region are pleased to invite you to this upcoming event to be held in Bristol. It will look at Lighting & Night Time Vulnerability
This presentation will consider the following points:
- Using evidence-based design to create safer and more inclusive environments after dark. Night lighting is one of the most important built environment factors determining perceptions of a city’s safety.
- An evidence-based methodology to measure the social, physical and atmospheric qualities that work together to affect perceptions of safety after dark.
- Looking at research that shows brighter lights don’t actually mean safer, and often negatively impact these spaces
- Explaining how to light for people and make them feel safer at night.
- Exploring why current lighting practices do not meet everybody’s needs
This event will be hosted by Matt Walsh (Glamox Luxonic).
Pete Mardell (ARUP)