The work of CIBSE Licentiate is characterised by involvement in applying proven techniques and procedures to the solution of practical engineering problems. You may:
- Have supervisory or technical responsibility
- Apply creative aptitudes and skills within defined fields of technology
Eligibility for Licentiate member requires you to contribute to the design, development, manufacture, commissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes or services. You are required to apply safe systems of work.This grade is achievable if you can demonstrate that you have the required professional experience and competence for Licentiate of CIBSE.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year, however, there are set panel dates where applications go to be reviewed. For the next panel date available please contact the Membership Department.
Note: If you have already submitted your application by email to email@example.com, you are not required to re-submit your application online. Please do not submit your application more than once.
Before applying online:
Please ensure you have the following documents (in separate files) as you will be required to provide and submit them online. Please see factsheet L20 for details on the requirements and factsheet L21 for the competence criteria:
- Qualification Certificates (and Transcripts) in English, signed by your sponsor
- 1500-2000 word work experience report
- Organisational Chart – clearly indicating your position within your company
- Development Action Plan
- LCIBSE/LCIBSE EngTech Demonstration of Competencies statement – completed by your sponsor
- Sponsor’s name and email
- Your ID (passport, driver’s licence, national identity card)
- Debit or credit card – the application fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application. The application fee will be waived for current CIBSE members, please ensure your current membership subscription fee has been paid. Please see www.cibse.org/fees for our current application, interview, subscription and EC registration fees.
Apply online using the link(s) below:
Once you have clicked the link to the appropriate application form, you will be prompted to sign in or register for a MyCIBSE user account before proceeding to our online application form. If you are new to CIBSE, please continue to register as a new user.
Please do not register for a new account if you:
- Are a current CIBSE member
- Are a previous CIBSE member
- Have previously set up an account to make any purchases from CIBSE or CIBSE Services e.g. publications, event tickets or registration, training courses etc.
You should log in using your existing MyCIBSE account. If you have any issues logging in, please contact the Membership Department.
Please refer to the following documents to help with your application.
ASHRAE members who hold professional engineering designations can now apply for Licentiate of CIBSE via an accelerated route. Likewise, CIBSE members can fast-track into ASHRAE membership without undergoing ASHRAE's admissions and advancement review. More information is available here: CIBSE/ASHRAE Route.