CIBSE is planning to relocate to central London and is currently looking at potential new premises.
CIBSE would like to appoint a consultant team to provide feasibility reports (with budget costs) for buildings being evaluated and, once a preferred building has been agreed and contracts signed, to design the fitout, M&E works and “net-zero” upgrade works. The project is likely to be a 7000 to 9000 sq. ft. (NIA) fitout, within central London, focused on amenities, well-being and decarbonisation. We will shortly be issuing an open invitation to prequalify for the shortlist that will then be invited to make detailed offers.
We are looking to appoint a multi-disciplinary consultant or consortium that:
- Is led by a CIBSE Corporate Member.
- Are a multidisciplinary firm or a consortium, able to provide M&E design, architectural, space planning & interior design, façade engineering, fire engineering, IT & audio-visual, structural engineering, LCC, FM, VT, acoustics, accessibility, cost advice and related consultancy services. The exact services required will be dependent upon the chosen building.
- Are able to demonstrate they can adequately resource and service a project in central London and to evidence steps are in place to fulfil the role of Principal Designer under the upcoming new regulations.
- Can provide case studies of similar decarbonisation projects including older buildings.
- Are able to demonstrate a “soft landings” approach to projects and pre and post-occupation evaluation (PoE).
CIBSE is now accepting expressions of interest in pre-qualifying for the project. If you are interested, please email Nina Rose at [email protected] to formally register your expression of interest and request the pre-qualification document. The closing date for submissions is 14 July 2023.
A similar approach will apply in shortlisting contractors, later this summer.