The 2022 Society of Digital Engineering (SDE) Awards were held at CIBSE Build2Perform Live (29 - 30 November), at the Excel, London on 30 November 2022. The awards celebrate progress and excellence in digital engineering.
In a change from previous awards which have focused on Building Services specifically, the 2022 categories were designed to recognise the progress of digitisation across built environment professions. The awards recognise those working in the built environment who are contributing to the digitalisation of what we do, where we live and how we experience it, including technicians, engineers, developers, designers, contractors, manufacturers or any group or team who are making a difference in their field.
The categories celebrated projects and collaboration; processes and application; and the best contractor, consultancy, manufacturer, and digital engineer.
The SDE would like to thank all applicants for the exceptional level of quality of their submissions.
Pictured above, Andrew Krebs, SDE Chair.
Carl Collins, Head of Digital Engineering for CIBSE commented:
“The judges were very impressed with the quality and breadth of entries this year. The people, projects and processes were all very inspiring, we wish we had more time to convey that on the day. We would like to congratulate all our winners and those that made the shortlist and a special mention has to go to the Atkins team for their Decarbonomics entry, which won the main prize of DE Champion.”
2022 SDE Awards Winners
Best Process and its Application
- First place - Atkins Member of the SNC Lavalin Group – Decarbonomics
- Second place - Hydrock - Hydrock Digital Toolbar
Best Project and Collaboration
- First place - Buro Happold - Museum of the Future
- Second place - Cundall - The Storm Rollercoaster
- First place - Buro Happold
- Second place - Red Engineering
- Kane Group
- First place - Schindler Elevator Ltd
- Second place - Legrand Electric Ltd
Best Digital Engineer
- First place - Mateusz Lukasiewicz - KEO International Consultants
- Second place - Matt Crunden - Legrand Electric
Digital Champion 2022
- Atkins Member of the SNC Lavalin Group – Decarbonomics