CHP and District Heating have been used in many different circumstances. Links to example case studies can be found below.
Please note that this is open to all CHP and DH suppliers and in no way implies endorsement by CIBSE.
Cofely District Energy
Carbon Trust Case Studies
The case studies listed below, available from the Carbon Trust (T: 0800 58 57 94), illustrate some of the different sectors in which CHP has been installed, several of the financing mechanisms that have been utilised and the range of technologies employed. Click on the links below to go to a synopsis of the publications which can be downloaded as pdf files (after registering on the Carbon Trust website).
- Energy efficiency in sports buildings. CHP - the 'capital purchase' option (GPCS280)
- Energy efficiency in sports buildings. CHP - the 'supplier financed' option (GPCS281)
- Long-term operation of combined heat and power in a small hospital (GPCS291)
- Long-term operation of combined heat and power in a hotel (GPCS293)
- Long-term operation of combined heat and power in a leisure centre (GPCS298)
- CHP at a University Campus (GPCS351)
- The use of combined heat and power in community heating schemes (GPCS370)
- The economic benefits of using combined heat and power at Coventry University (GPCS373)
- CHP at the Heart of Government (GPCS392)
- Energy Services PPP/PFI projects for Community Heating (NPP123)
- Using the PFI for the upgrade and extension of community heating (NPR123)
- The application of combined heat and power in the UK Health Service (GPG060)
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) for universities (GPG204)
- CHP opportunities for Local Authorities (GPG322)
Copenhagen CTR system
Swedish Biofuels CHP on a large scale