Please ensure you have the following documents (in separate files) when you submit your online application.
- Qualification Certificates (and Transcripts) in officially translated into English (if applicable)
- Engineering Practice Report - 4000-5000 words (10% leeway given)
- CV - In chronological order
- Organisational Chart – indicating your position within your company
- Development Action Plan - (No more than one side of A4)
- Demonstration of Competences form (completed by your Sponsor): see the role of the sponsor tab
- Sponsor’s name and email address
- Your ID (passport, driver’s licence, national identity card)
- Debit or credit card – the application fee and interview fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application. The application fee will be waived for current CIBSE members. A subscription fee and entry fee for Engineering Council registration (if applicable) will only be charged upon the success of your application at the panel.
Please follow the guidance document for the grade you are applying for. This document contains the competence criteria on which you should base your engineering practice report.
Please follow the sub-pages on the left-hand side to go through the application checklist.
Engineering Practice Report
This is how you demonstrate your competence as an engineer across both technical and soft skill competences. The report is between 4000 - 5000 words.Read our sample reports
Development Action Plan
150 words per section for your short, medium and long-term goals. This can be anything from work objectives to personal goals.Look at our samples
CIBSE Code of conduct
As part of competency section E you must be aware of the code of conduct.Code of Conduct