Fellowship is the most senior grade of CIBSE membership and as such you will:
- Have reached a position of superior responsibility
- Be contributing significantly to the industry
- Have accountability for decisions on the design, management and financial implications of engineering projects.
- Have proven expertise in one or more specialist sectors
- Have an understanding of the broad field of building services engineering.
When should I apply?
UK Applicants | There are two application deadlines a year: 1 February and 1 August
International Applicants | Anyone based outside of the UK can apply at any time.
Member to Fellow transfer | Transfer applications can be submitted at any time.
Step 1: Download our FCIBSE Application Guidance
Download our guidance which covers:
- Competence criteria
- CEng requirements
- Application Documents required
- Interview Process
- Member to Fellow transfer requirements
Please note: There is more than one route into FCIBSE or FCIBSE with CEng registration. If you do not hold an accredited qualification you can still apply for Chartered Engineer status through our alternative route.
You can also fast track into our Fellow grade if you are an existing MCIBSE member.
Please see our guidance for more information.
Before you apply: Documents required to apply for FCIBSE
Please ensure you have the following documents (in separate files) as you will be required to provide and submit them online. Please see the application guidance for details on the requirements and the competence criteria:
- Qualification Certificates (and Transcripts) in English
- 4000-5000 word Engineering Practice Report
- Organisational Chart – clearly indicating your position within your company
- Development Action Plan
- FCIBSE Demonstration of Competences - statement completed by your Sponsor
- Sponsor’s name and email
- Your ID (passport, driver’s licence, national identity card)
- Debit or credit card – the application fee and interview fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application. The application fee will be waived for current CIBSE members.
Ready to apply?
There is more than one route into our Fellow (FCIBSE) grade. Please ensure you click on the right application process.
Learn more about Professional Registration and Alternative & International routes
Unsure whether your qualification is accredited? Unsure of your pathway to Chartership? Accredited with a European or International institution?
See our various pathways and support methods to support your journey.