Fellowship is the most senior grade of CIBSE membership and as such you will:
- Have reached a position of superior responsibility
- Be contributing significantly to the industry
- Have accountability for decisions on the design, management and financial implications of engineering projects
- Have proven expertise in one or more specialist sectors
- Have an understanding of the broad field of building services engineering.
When should I apply?
UK Applicants | There are two application deadlines a year: 1 February and 1 August.
International Applicants | Anyone based outside of the UK can apply at any time.
Member to Fellow transfer | Transfer applications can be submitted at any time.
For extra support with your application, find out what services are available.
FCIBSE Application Guidance
The application guidance covers:
- Competence criteria
- CEng requirements
- Application Documents required
- Interview Process
- Member to Fellow transfer requirements
Please note: There is more than one route into FCIBSE or FCIBSE with CEng registration. If you do not hold an accredited qualification you can still apply for Chartered Engineer status through our alternative route.
You can also go the fast-track route and transfer to Fellow grade if you are an existing MCIBSE member.
Ready to apply?
Prepare the following documents (in separate files) before starting your online application:
- Qualification Certificates (and transcripts) in English
- 4000-5000 word Engineering Practice Report
- Organisational Chart – clearly indicating your role
- Development Action Plan
- FCIBSE Demonstration of Competences - statement completed by your Sponsor
- Sponsor’s name and email address
- Your ID (passport, driver’s licence, national identity card)
- Debit or credit card – you will pay the application fee and interview fee at the final stage. The application fee will be waived for current CIBSE members.
There is more than one route into our Fellow (FCIBSE) grade. Please ensure you select the relevant route below.
If you're wondering about the best pathway to Chartership, want to check your qualification accreditation, or hold a qualification from a European/International institution - we're here to help.
Find out more about Professional Registration, explore our alternative routes, and understand the support you need.
Contact the CIBSE Membership team
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0) 20 8772 3650