EUR ING is the professional title of European Engineer awarded by ENGINEERS EUROPE. The EUR ING register is maintained by ENGINEERS EUROPE and is intended to facilitate professional mobility within Europe. Successful applicants will be authorised to use the designatory letters EUR ING.
Please note: From 2023 these applications will be made directly by online application on the Engineering Council's website. Contact [email protected] with any queries.
What are the benefits of the EUR ING title?
The title provides a guarantee of competence for professional engineers, in order to:
- allow practising engineers to move within and outside the geographical area represented by ENGINEERS EUROPE member countries
- ensure mutual recognition of qualifications, should engineers wish to practice outside their own country
- encourage the continuous improvement in the quality of engineers by setting, monitoring and reviewing standards.
Chartered Engineers are generally eligible for the EUR ING title, and over 14,000 UK CEngs have already achieved the qualification. UK applicants must:
- hold an active membership with a professional engineering institution (eg. CIBSE)
- be professionally registered as Chartered Engineer (CEng).