CIBSE and The Institute of Refrigeration (IOR) hold a registration agreement whereby members of the IOR can obtain Engineering Council Registration via CIBSE.
Process for IOR applicants
Check your qualifications to determine your route to registration. You can do this on our Qualification Assessment page.
- If you hold Chartered Engineer (CEng) level qualifications you will be able to apply for CEng registration via the application form below.
- If you do not hold the required qualifications you will demonstrate your technical knowledge by taking our Technical Report Route. Your first step is to submit a synopsis of your proposed report. You will submit a Technical Report and Engineering Practice Report and be invited to interview.
Ensure that you review our CEng/Member level competence criteria as you will be required for both routes to submit an Engineering Practice Report demonstrating how you meet these competences.
IOR application guidance
The application guidance covers:
- Competence criteria
- IEng/CEng requirements
- Application Documents required
- Interview Process
Please review the guidance for the level of competence required and the list of documents to be submitted.
Before you apply
Prepare the following documents (in separate files) before starting your online application:
- Your qualification certificates (and transcripts) in English
- Your 4,000-5,000 word Engineering Practice Report
- Your CV
- An organisational chart indicating your position within your company
- Your Development Action Plan
- CEng Demonstration of Competences - statement completed by your sponsor
- Your sponsor’s name and email address
- Your ID (passport, driver’s licence, national identity card)
- A debit or credit card – the application fee and interview fee will be payable at the final stage of your online application.