Colt International Ltd
Ridgeway Office Park,
Contact: Julie Neil
Tel: 02392 451 111
Fax: 02392 454 220
Types of Courses Speaker(s):
Paul Langford - BSc (Hons) MIED IEng.
Paul is Engineering director of Colt.
Conor Logan - CEng FIMechE.
Conor is Associate Technical Director of Colt and is the chairman of the smoke control association. He is a keen exponent and practitioner of BIM.
Alex Mackenzie - Senior Design Engineer
Oliver Parry - Senior Design Engineer
Summary of Type of Courses and Area of Specialisms Offered:
Summary of type of courses and area of specialisms offered:
We offer courses covering a wide variety of areas. Current courses are:
1. Commissioning and maintenance of smoke control systems
2. Car park ventilation
3. Evaporative cooling in data centres
4. The fundamentals of evaporative cooling
5. The general principles of smoke control
6. Pressurisation systems in residential and commercial buildings
7. Smoke control and environmental ventilation in residential common corridors
8. Design considerations when integrating smoke and fire curtains into a building
9. Smoke shafts versus pressurisation
10. Smoke and environmental ventilation of multi-story buildings using shafts
11. Smoke control in altered or referbished premesis
Within these courses, we cover design of evaporative cooling, solar shading systems, smoke ventilation and smoke containment systems. With smoke control topics we go into relevant fire engineering principles, the building regulations and standards.
Architects, Consultants, Contractors, Engineers, Facilities Managers
Duration of Courses:
Presentations, Question & Answer, Webinars
Course attendance fee range (if applicable)