This consultation relates to changes to be made to the regulation of the building control profession and amendments to the building control process for approved inspectors, who will in future be known as registered building control approvers and will be required to register with the new Building Safety Regulator.
This consultation sets out the detailed requirements needed to implement the changes brought about by the Building Safety Act 2022. It seeks views on:
1. Approved inspectors becoming registered building control approvers, and implications for their existing work.
2. Restriction of activities and functions for building control bodies, both public and private.
3. Length of registrations period for building control approvers and building inspectors.
4. Oversight, sanctions and appeals.
5. Initial notices.
6. Plans certificates.
7. Information gathering.
8. Consultations with other regulators.
Find out more about submitting your comments and read the full consultation