Are you a recent graduate who has made significant contributions to the building services industry? Then the CIBSE ANZ Young Engineers Awards is a chance for you to showcase your talents in the Haris Moraitis Award - Graduate of the Year category! Do not hesitate as entries will close on Tuesday 1 August.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this category, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed your studies between 1st July 2021 and 30th June 2023, with up to 2 years of industry experience.
- Be employed within the Australia and New Zealand region as a building services engineer or a building services professional.
- Be a CIBSE Member. If you're not a member yet, you can find the right grade for you and apply online at www.cibse.org/membership/find-your-grade.
Entrants are asked to provide a written component outlining in 250 words their academic and/or practical project achievements and what makes them a good ambassador for the building services profession.The written submission will be assessed based on your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Significance of contribution to Building Services.
- Demonstration of exceeding best practice standards.
- Technical understanding of either your discipline or the industry.
VIDEO SUBMISSION: For the video component of your entry, this year's theme is Embodied Carbon. You must submit a short video, up to 3 minutes, addressing the following question:
There are many pieces of building services equipment and plant within a building; which one do you consider the most important to reduce the embodied carbon of, and why?
All entrants will receive a ticket to the 2023 Seminar Series: 6 Minutes to Midnight, offering 10 hours of CIBSE CPD and valued at $199.
Finalists' Prize: Finalists will receive an invitation, flights, and accommodation to attend the Awards function. They will be recognised with a certificate of achievement and have their achievement celebrated on social media and across CIBSE's communication platforms.
First Prize: Winners will receive a $1,000 cash prize trophy, and have their achievement celebrated on social media and across CIBSE's communication platforms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be recognised for your outstanding contributions and technical expertise in the building services industry.
- Deadline for entry - Tuesday 1 August, 11:59pm AEST.
- The awards ceremony will take place on Thursday 26 October at Rivers Edge in Melbourne, where the winners will be announced.
We encourage you to review the detailed guidelines and assessment criteria on our website. Familiarise yourself with the requirements and make your nomination stand out!
We look forward to receiving your entry and celebrating your achievements!