As part of the 2nd International Conference on Moisture in Buildings (ICMB23), the UKCMB and the CIBSE Health and Wellbeing Working Group will be delivering a joint seminar addressing a critically important subject— the retrofit of existing buildings and moisture management.
This event brings together a group of industry experts, thought leaders, and academics who will discuss the challenges and opportunities in retrofitting existing buildings. They'll explore strategies to enhance energy efficiency, improve indoor air quality, and ensure structural integrity, all with a keen focus on effective moisture management. An interactive panel discussion following the speaker sessions will allow you to engage directly with our speakers, ask your burning questions, and join in-depth discussions about best practices, innovative solutions, and the future of building retrofit and moisture management.
Title: Technical Aspects of Retrofit and Mould (Ventilation, Heating, and Fabric)
Chair: Hywel Davies (CIBSE) and Marcella Ucci (UCL)
Date: Monday 3 July 2023
Location: UCL Here East
Time: 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Please see the agenda and speakers for the session below:
1. Julie Godefroy (CIBSE Retrofit Revisit Lead): Discussing the challenges of retrofitting and mould from a CIBSE perspective
2. Valentina Marincioni (UKCMB and): Exploring methods to minimize moisture risk
3. Sarah Price (from QODA, currently technical author for PAS2035): Presenting the regulatory framework on moisture in retrofit.
4. Simon Jones (from Ambisense): Emphasizing the significance of ventilation.
5. Andy Sutton (from SERO): Addressing the challenges and viewpoints of designers, industrial practitioners, and professionals regarding moisture and retrofitting.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to connect with peers, learn from experts, and contribute to a more sustainable and resilient built environment.
Register for this session via https://www.eventbrite.com/e/technical-aspects-of-retrofit-and-mould-ventilation-heating-and-fabric-tickets-648735273667
View the provisional programme via https://icmb23.exordo.com/programme/at-a-glance
Find out more about the UK Centre for Moisture in Buildings and register for this year's conference via https://ukcmb.org/ukcmb-home-2/icmb23/
If you also want to attend the ICMB23 conference register here - UCLonlinestore.