CIBSE has updated its Climate Action Plan, mapping current and planned activities in the area where it considers it has a duty and the ability to act.
In 2019 CIBSE signed a cross-industry pledge to ‘collaborate on an urgent and concerted response to achieving the 2015 target’ and ‘accepted the invitation of the Climate Change Committee to cooperate on meeting the UK net zero carbon objectives.’
To increase CIBSE’s efforts and turn this pledge into practice, CIBSE produced its first Climate Action Plan in 2019. It included a commitment to review the plan regularly. This is the fourth annual update of the Plan.
The 2023 updates include:
- Mandatory CPD on sustainability and net zero from 1 January 2024 for all corporate members of CIBSE.
- Continue to develop guidance and training offering on net zero carbon buildings – new and upcoming publications include the TM65 series on embodied carbon, and maintenance Guide M.
- Continue active involvement with Net Zero Carbon Buildings Standard
- Introducing draft ‘Mirror climate action plan’ for individuals and organisations in the CIBSE community, suggesting actions and commitments.
- Progressing office move to a new London Location, with net zero and sustainability important part of the brief.
CIBSE is inviting comments and feedback on its draft Mirror Climate Action Plan. The Draft is available to view in the Climate Action Plan, and comments should be sent to: [email protected]
Read the updated Climate Action Plan