Training & Development (T&D) is an accredited in-company training scheme, which develops engineers’ skills and competence toward achieving Engineering Council registration and corporate membership of CIBSE.
Developing engineers registered on an accredited T&D programme are paired with an experienced mentor, who provides guidance and acts as a sounding board as they develop their competence for Engineering Council registration.
For the employer:
- Recruit new talent to your business, as graduates will be looking for additional benefits of employment and support towards their professional development
- Provide a streamlined and structured route for employees to gain professional registration and develop as senior engineers and future leaders
- Demonstrate to employees that you’re committed to their professional development
- The assurance that your scheme has been reviewed and accredited by a Professional Engineering Institution
- Use the Certificate of Accreditation and the CIBSE accredited scheme logo on promotional material and scheme documentation
For the trainee:
- Joining a CIBSE T&D scheme gives you the benefit of a structured support system, geared towards developing your skills and competence to achieve professional registration
- Be paired with an experienced mentor who will guide you through your journey
- Being part of an accredited scheme gives you the assurance you are part of a company which invests in their staff development
- Join CIBSE’s Young Engineers Network (YEN) and network with like-minded individuals
- Receive additional support from CIBSE when applying to for professional registration.
Information on how to become an accredited scheme, or to apply for re-accreditation.Find out more