The Building Services Engineering Site Manager will lead the installation of complex environmental systems in construction projects. Typical job titles can include Assistant Building Services Engineering Site Manager, Building Services Installation Manager or Project Engineer.
The main duties and tasks of a Building Services Engineering Site Manager are to translate design information to construction teams; manage interfaces between stakeholders; ensure that the project is completed to specification, on time and to budget. The site manager is also responsible for ensuring that safe systems of work are in place and that all staff adhere to them and ensuring that the construction site has minimal negative impact on the environment and community.
Recommended duration for this apprenticeship is four years but this will depend upon the previous experience of the apprentice and access to opportunities to gain the full range of competence.
The assessment plan for the occupational standard ensures that successful candidates can satisfy the requirements for Engineering Council registration as Incorporated Engineer and CIBSE Associated member (IEng ACIBSE). All applicants can opt for professional review as part of their CIBSE EPA interview.
- Level 2 Maths and English, and
- BEng (Hons) Building Services Engineering or equivalent Level 6 Building Services Engineering Diploma, mapped to UK-Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) for Incorporated Engineer
- Industry certificates in Site Safety Plus, Site Managers’ Safety Training Scheme and Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme which are required for safe operations in the workplace
- Satisfactory completion of the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the assessment plan for the standard
- Evidence of the underpinning qualifications for the standard
- Employer and training provider confirmation of readiness for End Point Assessment
Download the ST0040 assessment plan here.
The ST0040 occupational standard can be viewed here.
Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship - Building Services Engineering Site Management (ST0040)
This video will guide you on how to complete your End Point Assessment Engineering Practice Report.
Download our guidance documentation which covers:
- Gateway eligibility criteria, including the required qualifications
- How to apply
- The research assignment and engineering practice report
- The interview
- The knowledge, skills and behaviours
Ready to apply?
If you have met the readiness criteria to enter the EPA gateway, complete our online EPA gateway application form.
Before applying online:
Please ensure you have to hand the following information and documents (in separate files) as you will be required to provide and submit them online:
- Level 2 Maths and English Qualification Certificates
- Certificates required for the Standard (BTEC/HNC/Degree)
- Photo ID
- Employer Sponsor name and email
- Training Provider contact name and email
- Unique Learner Number (10 digit number - you can obtain this from your Training Provider)
- Organisation Chart (clearly indicating your position)
- Development Action Plan
Once you have clicked the link to apply, you will be prompted to sign in or register for a MyCIBSE user account before proceeding to our online application form. If you are new to CIBSE, please continue to register as a new user.
Contact the CIBSE EPA Team
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0) 20 8772 3650