CIBSE has been a registered End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) since 2019.
We take immense pride in our work to help nurture new talent to the building services industry. Our approach to the EPA is transparent, personable, and adaptive, with a focus on delivering a high-quality and robust assessment which puts the apprentice at the centre.
If you select CIBSE as your EPAO of choice, you will get a comprehensive service with an Ofqual EPA approved and regulated assessment organisation and professional engineering institution awarding body.
Apprentices undertaking their EPA with CIBSE can also opt for professional membership at Engineering Technician (EngTech) LCIBSE, or Incorporated Engineer (IEng) ACIBSE grade. The membership is entirely optional, separate to the EPA and does not require any further work.
Professional membership is a great opportunity for the apprentice to achieve the designatory letters and globally recognised accolade at the close of their apprenticeship and as they progress to the next step of their career.
Benefits of choosing CIBSE EPA
- Expertise in assessing building services engineering at the highest level
- An experienced pool of trained assessors from a range of engineering disciplines
- A simple gateway application process with dedicated team of executives
- Available gateway entry dates throughout the year
- Guidance and collateral to support all stakeholders through the EPA process
- Access to webinars and the engagement team for live presentations and Q&A’s
- A detailed Training Provider contract with data share agreement
- Comprehensive moderation and internal quality assurance process
- Ofqual regulated
- Transparent schedule of fees
- Commitment to assess without bias or prejudice