- Standard Rate
- £1320.00 +VAT
- Member Rate
- £1055.00 +VAT
- Electrical Services
Please note, the prices above are for training delivered up to the end of 2023. Our fees are increasing and will be as below for all training delivered from January 2024.
£1,450.00 ex. VAT
£1,160.00 ex. VAT
This extensive and detailed course is suitable for all types of professionals who want a good grounding and understanding of electrical engineering.
The course summaries the key aspects of electrical engineering in building services and provides clear concise notes and summary tables for future reference, to use in your daily activities. Topics include:
- Legislation & guidance
- Basic electrical principles
- Transformers and substation design
- Alternative and standby power supplies (generators and UPS)
- Dangers of electricity and physiological effects of electric shock
- Explanation of short circuits and fault currents
- Protective systems using fuses and circuit breakers
- Lighting & lamps with simple design calculations
- Wiring systems and final circuits, differences between the ring and radial final circuits
- Examples of cable sizing calculations
- Overview of BS7671 Wiring Regs and Electricity At Work Regulations
- Inspection and testing and certification to BS7671 IEE Wiring regulations and EAWR
- Periodic inspection and testing of existing installations and Portable Appliance Testing
- Certification and reporting
Attendees will gain a wide breadth of knowledge across electrical services, and feel confident in applying this in their everyday work.
'There is a lot covered in this course in regards to regulations that I feel can be implemented straight away'
Supplies, switch-gear and safety
Systems, Circuits & Cables
Inspection, Testing and Certificates
Inspection and Testing (I&T)
This course is suitable for all types of people whether you are an engineer or facilities manager or mechanical engineer, who want a good grounding and understanding of electrical engineering.
The course would be suitable for professionals working in the industry, practising electrical engineers and / or electricians, facilities managers and / or engineers who require a better understanding of electrical basics or any person with some basic electrical knowledge wishing to familiarise themselves with all aspects of electrical engineering in buildings services.
- Electrical engineers of all grades
- Electricians of all grades
- Building services engineers
- Property managers of all grades
- Facility Managers of all grades
- Building surveyors of all grades
This course is also applicable for anyone involved in the build process and the high-level procurement of electrical installation design or services would find this course useful as a means to increase their understanding and improve their awareness of the design and installation requirements of electrical services.
Remote - How to join:
This course will be hosted live online on Microsoft Teams. A Microsoft Teams account is not required, you will be sent a link to join.
You can choose to join on your preferred web browser, or if you already have the Microsoft Teams desktop app, click 'join meeting'. You will then automatically join the course through the app.
The course location will be underneath the respective date, please make your way to the location.
Parking is not available.
The course presentation and any additional materials will be sent to delegates once attendance is confirmed on the day of the course.
We are working towards being more sustainable, therefore we do not recommend materials to be printed.
What is included?
- Full days training with an industry expert trainer
- CPD certificate
- PDF course materials
- Lunch and refreshments**
**For face-to-face courses
Two simple ways to book:
Card - Use the 'Register Now' button at the top of this web page.
Invoice - Please fill in the booking form here. Please note you are only booked onto the course once Training has processed the form.
* If you are having any difficulties please either email us at [email protected].